High Voltage Electrocution - A case report

Rastogi, Prateek and Atreya, Alok and Acharya , Jenash (2013) High Voltage Electrocution - A case report. International Journal of Medical Toxicology & Legal Medicine, 15 (3 & 4). pp. 49-51.

[img] PDF
Manuscript.pdf - Published Version
Restricted to Registered users only

Download (486kB) | Request a copy

Abstract

Electricity has been one of the basic human needs for centuries. Electric authorities throughout the globe have not only been providing electricity but have also made sure that it is not interrupted. The electricians who work day and night from pole to pole across streets with the aim of making sure they provide light to the world are worth appreciating. But like in any other physical work, the price they pay at times is way more than just injuries. Lack of proper gear and facilities and at times the carelessness they show by not using it due to various reasons lead them to get electric shocks which could range from a minimal jerk to life taking burns. We present such case, where an electrician not geared properly with precautionary measures had climbed up the ladder to check for faulty lines, on receipt of complain from one of his customer. It was on the same fateful morning he sustained electric shock through high voltage tension wire and was charred to death on the spot.

Item Type: Article
Uncontrolled Keywords: Accident; Electrocution; High tension wire.
Subjects: Medicine > KMC Mangalore > Forensic Medicine
Depositing User: KMCMLR User
Date Deposited: 31 May 2013 09:58
Last Modified: 31 May 2013 09:58
URI: http://eprints.manipal.edu/id/eprint/136190

Actions (login required)

View Item View Item