Design and Experimental Investigation of Turbocharg-er on Performances of Diesel Engine

Arunkumar, H S and Mutalik, Ravi Kumar S and Krishnamurthy, . and Ganesha, A (2015) Design and Experimental Investigation of Turbocharg-er on Performances of Diesel Engine. International Journl of Engoneering, Education and Technology, 3 (2). ISSN 2320-883X

[img] PDF
Design and Experimental Investigation of Turbocharger on Performances of Diesel Engine.pdf - Published Version
Restricted to Registered users only

Download (170kB) | Request a copy
Official URL: http:\\www.srdigitech.in

Abstract

A typical Diesel engine may harness up to 30% of the energy contained in the fuel supplied to do useful work under optimum conditions but the remaining 70% of the energy is lost in different ways. Increasing the air utilisation permits greater quantities of fuel to be added, and results in a greater potential output. This is achieved by increasing the density of charge, the apparatus used to increase the air density is known as supercharger! turbocharger. In this investigation 4- stroke single cylinder diesel engine setup is used. A turbocharger is designed for the given setup under tested.Experiments were carried out at 15 %, 30%, 45% and 60% utilization of exhaust energy to run the turbine. The results of the experiments are used to plot the different performance curve under different percentage of utilisation of exhaust gases. Results of the experiments are comparedturbocharging with without turbocharging the engine.

Item Type: Article
Uncontrolled Keywords: Diesel engine, turbocharger, exhaust energy
Subjects: Engineering > MIT Manipal > Mechanical and Manufacturing
Depositing User: MIT Library
Date Deposited: 18 Sep 2015 14:39
Last Modified: 18 Sep 2015 16:41
URI: http://eprints.manipal.edu/id/eprint/143930

Actions (login required)

View Item View Item