MU Digital Repository
Logo

Corporate Governance for Indian Hotel Industry

Patwardhan , Vidya and Venkatachalam , Balaji V (2011) Corporate Governance for Indian Hotel Industry. In: Ethics in Business and Corporate Governance. Excel books, pp. 345-354.

[img] PDF
Corporate_Governance_by_Dr._V_Balaji_and_Ms._Vidya_Patwardhan.pdf - Published Version
Restricted to Registered users only
Available under License Creative Commons Attribution.

Download (356kB) | Request a copy

Abstract

India hotel sector in on the high growth path with surge in business and leisure travelers. Technopak (2008) estimates the Indian hotel industry at US$ 17 billion; 70% (US$ 11.85 billion) contribution comes from the unorganized sector and the remaining 30% (US$ 5.08 billion) comes from the organized sector. As the industry grows, there is a greater need for the sector to incorporate the corporate governance practices in its day to day activities .This paper examines corporate governance reforms being implemented in India and how the hotel industry can benefit from integrating corporate social responsibility into their daily operations.

Item Type: Book Section
Additional Information: Copyright with Publisher
Uncontrolled Keywords: India;Hotel;Corporate Governance
Subjects: Hotel Management > WGSHA Manipal
Depositing User: EPrints Hotel Management
Date Deposited: 25 May 2011 04:47
Last Modified: 25 May 2011 04:48
URI: http://eprints.manipal.edu/id/eprint/52

Actions (login required)

View Item View Item